I purchased a Epson xp 446 1 month ago. The printer works fine but when one of the color ink runs out, it will not let me print anything.

Even though my black ink cartridge is full. I don't use color for anything because I only print document in black ink. So, for me to have to purchase color ink which I don't use is a waste of money. Epson should realize that some of there customers don't need to print in color.

Buying color ink that I don't need only benefits Epson not the customer. Epson should give me an option rather I want to use black ink or color.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Xp-446 Printer.

Reason of review: Ink cartridge problem.

Comments

EnchantedPolarBear874

That's how (most) inkjet printers are designed. They won't print if you run out (or low) on one of the color inks even if your print jobs only require black ink. It's how they get you to buy overpriced color ink cartridges more often than you need to.

Im confused... while I understand the frustration of not being able to print the black ink cartridge is sold seperatly as well?

Terrible printer.While ago i had hp.Worked excellent,and i decided to buy wireless epson.My biggest mistake.