Verified Reviewer

Update by user Oct 09

I checked my purchase record and found that I bought three year protection plan so I filed a claim and got over 80% of money back. I bought my printer from Walmart and they are out stock now.

Other retails’s price for the same model is much higher than the price I bought it a year ago. So I went to YouTube and tried to solve my problem myself. I found a video about the same error code of Epson printer. Although it didn’t give a solution, the many comments showed it’s a recurring problem.

I tried the methods the video suggested, none worked. Then I thought of my conversation with that Epson technician and felt it might be a software problem. Though I tried unstalling and re-installing my printer and it didn’t work. I was desperate to try everything.

So I went to Epson website and updated every software recommended for my model. It worked, my error code was gone and hasn’t come back so far.

Original review posted by user Sep 09

Hi, My Epson workforce pro 3730 has a scanner code error 100016. Epson online chat took my number and I got a call from 844992**** right away.

The technician with Indian accent asked me to access support.me website using code 316330.( not sure if I remember the code right). So he can control my laptop remotely. After showed me something from my laptop, He told me my printer problem was caused by virus infections and tried to get me to buy security plans. He opened notepad on my laptop and wrote down steps he is going to do and the price of the plan.

After I told him I need to think because I have protection plan for my printer from Walmart, he quickly backed off and erased everything before I got the change to take a picture with my cell phone. Because I got a bit suspicious of him and intended to get some evidence.

I googled support.me later.

Some say its a scam some say not. Anyway I felt weird about my experience and want to let Epson know.

Sincerely

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Printer.

Preferred solution: Let company aware if my suspicion is right .

Epson Pros: Printer works great.

Epson Cons: One error code and all functions off.

Comments