Original review updated by user May 07, 2021

Three days ago, I contacted Epson Customer Support via telephone on an issue with my printer. Quite a simple question really.

I wanted to know how to make the scanner on my ET-2760 scan to 100% of original documents size so that in the future when I have a need to re-print the scanned document, it comes out at 100% (or 99% or as close to 100% as possible) and is a usable document in order to continue to conduct my personal business in this highly geared technological crazed society and world we live on.

My Epson Scan 2 scan settings window would not (and has NEVER) held the settings I put into it, so I was limited to using the printers front panel to scan. That left me with no ability to control the scan settings or the output of the documents attributes.

After 20 minutes of googling Epson and NOT being able to find even one telephone number, but instead being redirected to another website here and another there (using the Contact Us links) I THEN started coming up with many numbers.

So I found a number for customer care and wow! It actually got me to a live person. I began the call at 9:55 a.m., and after following the female techs ridiculous scripted troubleshooting steps WHICH I HAD ALREADY DONE NUMEROUS TIMES she told me that the issue was a connection issue not a printer issue.

I told her it was not a connection issue, that my wi-fi was working just fine.

So in order to give more perspective to her on my point, I verbally walked her through the process as I used the Epson Scan 2 window and put in all the info it required and then scanned a document. Remember, the original purpose for the call was to get the printer to scan to 100% of the original - a simple thing right? Upon immediately doing it a second time and again, using the Epson Scan 2 window (I was actually showing her that it is an Epson issue, not a wi-fi or otherwise wireless connection issue between my printer and wi-fi) the Epson scan settings window still would not hold the settings put into it.

So she then said AGAIN, it was a connection problem and told me I would have to disconnect my computer, printer and router. I objected and told her if I disconnected my wi-fi router I would have even bigger problems.

She then told me she could not fix the (CONNECTION) problem (which if it were a real connection issue, she would have no control over it anyway since that would be my wi-fi company's problem.

So why??? the *** was she telling me to disconnect the router so she could fix what she insisted was a CONNECTION issue.)

Against my better judgement, knowledge, and experience, - and YES, CALL ME STUPID! I TRULY DESERVE IT AND NOW I OWN IT, I disconnected my router. Waited the obligatory 1 minute, reconnected and WHAM!

My wi-fi connection was gone and I could do nothing to retrieve it or reconnect. I could not run web diagnostics from my wi-fi control center, I could not re-register my router, plugging it back in over and over and resetting it did nothing. So ...

SHE THEN TOLD ME, I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE IT FIXED OTHERWISE SHE COULD NOT FIX THE CONNECTION PROBLEM. REALLLLLLLLLY!?

JUST BITE ME IN THE ***

So I hung up after being on line with her for exactly 33 minutes and my problem was now expanded and much much larger than the original, petty, simple problem. So guess what? Now I'm pissed.

I then called my wi-fi company, went thru their obligatory low level scripted tech trouble shooting, then went to the advanced level scripted tech trouble shooting resulting in NOTHING.

I was then informed a tech would have to come to the house to reconnect my wi-fi and that it WOULD BE 24 HOURS BEFORE A TECH COULD EVEN BE SCHEDULED TO CALL ME. THEN THAT TECH WOULD ACTUALLY SET UP THE HOUSE VISIT ACCORDING TO HIS/HER SCHEDULE.

Fortunately for me, my wi-fi responded quickly.

I was off-line three days. Approaching the end here people.

So Epson. Here's why I'm pissed at AND DONE WITH you.

In total, for my call to Epson to get a stupidly simple question answered:

- On a printer that IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY and not fixed properly ...

- ON A CALL THAT COST ME A WHOPPING $33.00 FOR 33 MINUTES with a low-level Epson tech that didn't know the difference from her butt versus my pet pigs butt. I didn't realize the number I called was to Canada.

That cost $1.00/per minute.

I didn't realize BECAUSE, AGAIN, EITHER YOU CANT FIND A REAL LIVE PERSON TO CALL AT EPSON, OR, THERE ARE SO MANY NUMBERS OUT THERE FOR EPSON, THAT AFTER 20 MINUTES OF GOING FROM WEBSITE TO WEBSITE TO GET CUSTOMER CARE, AND BECAUSE AREA CODES THESE DAYS ARE ALL OVER THE BOARD FROM STATE TO STATE, WHEN A CUSTOMER ESPECIALLY AFTER BEING SO STYMIED AND FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY AT THE OBTUSE CRAP ON EPSONS WEBSITES LOSES SIGHT OF WHAT DAMNED AREA CODE IS BEING CALLED.

- The Epson tech never identified herself as being in Canada ...

- EPSONS tech BLEW OUT MY WI-FI which in turn ...

- Cost me down time for three days at a STILL-TO-BE-DETERMINED POTENTIAL LOSS OF INCOME and, ...

- EPSONS TECH COST ME ANOTHER $25.00 to pay the house call for the wi-fi tech's repair visit.

SO IN THE END, EPSON's CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS AND COST ME THREE HOURS OF EARNED LABOR WAGES.

I'LL PUT THIS ANOTHER WAY, I HAD TO WORK FOR THREE HOURS TO PAY $55.00 OVER AN EPSON CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHS INABILITY TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION.

MY WI-FI IS BACK UP AND RUNNING, BUT THE ORIGINAL PRINTER ISSUE REMAINS.

SO GUESS WHAT EPSON, WHEN THIS PRINTER GOES SOUTH ON ME, I WILL BE MOVING ONTO ONE OF YOUR COMPETITORS. I WILL NOT GIVE ANY MORE OF MY TIME OR LIMITED, FIXED INCOME TO YOU EVER AGAIN.

User's recommendation: Use a competitor - not Epson.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Epson Pros: Too angry to reply at this time.

Epson Cons: Post above should be clear enough.

Comments