52 views
1.8

I bought an Epson 47??. After just a short time print nozzles failed.

Print head cleaning function did nothing. Costco, thank God, took it back. Got the newer model that had just arrived. Neither document feeder nor print paper feeder worked no matter what grade and quality of paper I tried.

Spent 2 hours on the phone with Epson only to be told what I know from the beginning: Hardware failure right out of the box! Costco to the rescue. Bought the new Ecotank 37??. Set it up, does not feed paper for scanning or copying purposes no matter what I try.

Okay, so I am apparently stupid and insane for trying the same brand 3 times. Never had an issue with any of my HP's.

Lesson learned but Epson should get out of the printer business! They obviously have no clue what they are doing!

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Printer.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Epson Cons: Quality.

Comments

Machele

Hard to believe three different printers conspired to frustrate your printing career. Perhaps it's your computer or the settings, etc.? Go back to HP if you wish, Epson will survive.

Ruediger M
@Machele

Hardly. Epson's own personnel diagnosed the issues as hardware failure, to use their term and I spent quite a bit of time with them on the phone as I don't have the time to run to Costco all the time.

Furthermore, if a printer/scanner pulls in or spits out 4 pages and more of any type paper, 20#, 24#, from different vendors right out of the box, it would be hard to blame settings or the paper either. I used Epson years ago with good results but today's machines are just flimsy and shoddily put together.

Epson Reviews