Verified Reviewer

2.6

I have an Epson XP-200 and I constantly have to use more ink and replace perfectly good ink cartridges because the machine will tell me that it does not recognize the ink cartridge. It appears to do this randomly, but it has always had this problem and started happening from soon after I got this machine.

First, I would like to say that I have only used Epson Ink in this machine because I had been aware of the problem in a previous Epson Printer that I had. I purchase the Epson Ink at Staples, so I know it is good. I purchased this printer because I appeared to be a good value and while I was aware that Epson somehow made it so you could not use after market ink in their printers I was willing to purchase only their ink. I will NOT make this mistake again.

It seems that when the cartridge gets between 1/2 and 1/3 full the printer will suddenly tell me that it doesn't recognize the cartridge. However, I have in fact replaced the cartridges and still had the machine say it doesn't recognize them and have to put in a second replacement. This will be the last Epson Product I purchase.

I will look for a review of a printer that indicates it has NO INK problems reported when I replace this thing. I am a very unhappy customer.

User's recommendation: Look got a printer which has good reviews about it's ink usuage.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Ink Cartridge.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Epson Pros: Design nice.

Epson Cons: Customer service, Uses lots of ink.

Comments

I avoid buying any EPSON product because of this issue. I encountered the same problem and is just sad that EPSON it's allowed to rip off consumers in this manner.

Epson Reviews