Hello, my name is Mike, I live in Salem Oregon. I received a pop up Epson Software Updater and I selected the Firmware Update.

My end result is exactly the same as the above comment. I will never buy another Epson printer again. The idea that Epson intentionally put together a Firmware update that would render customers using Epson products, (mine is a XP-434), reflects a dishonest, unethical corporation. Please feel free to share this post, the more potential Epson customers it turns away the better.

As a matter of principle I too will now throw my Epson in the trash.

I intend to replace it with a low priced HP.

Please take this vow: I will never, ever buy an Epson printer for as long as I live. Thank you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Xp-434 Printer.

Comments

Me either

I also get received a pop-up to Software Update and I selected the Firmware Update. So Epson printers are blocked printhead.

I don't know whats happening with my printer so I was found a simple article for Epson printer to learn this issue. http://www.printererrorrepair.com/blog/how-to-fix-epson-printer-error-turn-power-off-and-then-on-again/

This firmware can be backed out to the previous version so the check is no longer there.

msbav8r

I have taken the same vow. If everyone who got screwed by Epson would take the same vow, perhaps Epson would go out of business and it would send a message to other manufacturers not to follow Epson into their fetid cesspool of despicable business practices.