Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 19, 2022

Basically have a big paper weight as I will not give them more money.

Original review posted by user Jan 19, 2022

A very important concern about this company. Love the printer but do not like the company stance on using non-Epson ink cartridges.

Have had this printer for about 1-1/2yrs using Non-Epson ink bought online. Worked flawlessly. But Epson sent a firmware update and it no longer recognizes the ink cartridges. Looked online about this and this is one of the Epson printers that has no solution to downgrade the firmware.

I called Epson and spoke with multiple people and eventually corporate offices. They told me that using Epson ink is not a recommendation but a requirement. They could do nothing. At this point I am just going to buy another printer.

I cant stomach buying Epson ink for 2-3 times the money just out of principal.

They literally ruined my printer which was working fine two hours ago. There is a class action lawsuit against them for this exact issue right now...

User's recommendation: NEVER Update your firmware or your printer will not recognize your 3rd party ink.

Preferred solution: change the firmware back to previous version.

Epson Pros: I like the printers.

Epson Cons: Useless customer service representatives, Company updates firmware so you cant use 3rd party ink.

Comments