2.8
Style and Design
Usability

Then I got a pop-up message that there was a new firmware update I needed to upload or my printer would stop working. I uploaded the firmware and now get the message that my ink cartridges are not recognised. As I understand it, this is illegal. I asked to reload the old firmware and technical support said that was not possible.

That my only solution was to buy all genuine Eposn ink cartridges. I have used the remanufactured ink at least three different times when I needed more ink and it worked fine. I believe this is a deliberate decision by Epson to punish customers who are not using their product, even though a legal case was determined years ago that a company could not have a monopoly on the production of ink cartridges. This is an outrage.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me to get the printer working without buying Epson ink? on 6/19/18 I was successfully using my XP-430 Epson printer to print photographs. The ink cartridges (from EZink) were nearly full and working fine. Then I got a pop-up message that there was a new firmware update I needed to upload or my printer would stop working.

I uploaded the firmware and now get the message that my ink cartridges are not recognised. As I understand it, this is illegal. I asked to reload the old firmware and technical support said that was not possible. That my only solution was to buy all genuine Eposn ink cartridges.

I have used the remanufactured ink at least three different times when I needed more ink and it worked fine. I believe this is a deliberate decision by Epson to punish customers who are not using their product, even though a legal case was determined years ago that a company could not have a monopoly on the production of ink cartridges. This is an outrage. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to get the printer working without buying Epson ink?

on 6/19/18 I was successfully using my XP-430 Epson printer to print photographs. The ink cartridges (from EZink) were nearly full and working fine. Then I got a pop-up message that there was a new firmware update I needed to upload or my printer would stop working. I uploaded the firmware and now get the message that my ink cartridges are not recognised.

As I understand it, this is illegal. I asked to reload the old firmware and technical support said that was not possible. That my only solution was to buy all genuine Eposn ink cartridges. I have used the remanufactured ink at least three different times when I needed more ink and it worked fine.

I believe this is a deliberate decision by Epson to punish customers who are not using their product, even though a legal case was determined years ago that a company could not have a monopoly on the production of ink cartridges. This is an outrage. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to get the printer working without buying Epson ink? on 6/19/18 I was successfully using my XP-430 Epson printer to print photographs.

The ink cartridges (from EZink) were nearly full and working fine. Then I got a pop-up message that there was a new firmware update I needed to upload or my printer would stop working. I uploaded the firmware and now get the message that my ink cartridges are not recognised. As I understand it, this is illegal.

I asked to reload the old firmware and technical support said that was not possible. That my only solution was to buy all genuine Eposn ink cartridges. I have used the remanufactured ink at least three different times when I needed more ink and it worked fine. I believe this is a deliberate decision by Epson to punish customers who are not using their product, even though a legal case was determined years ago that a company could not have a monopoly on the production of ink cartridges.

This is an outrage. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to get the printer working without buying Epson ink? on 6/19/18 I was successfully using my XP-430 Epson printer to print photographs. The ink cartridges (from EZink) were nearly full and working fine.

Reason of review: firmware caused printer failure with my ink cartridges.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service could not help me.

Comments