1960 E Grand Ave #2, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
1.7
Style and Design
Usability

I bought an Epson WorkForce Wf-3640 all in one printer on 4/29/16 within just a few months I began having issues with page smearing. I tried all the troubleshooting methods suggested and finally ended up buying a brand new Epson print cartridge to try and solve the problem.

Each time you clean the heads ink is wasted and even purchasing a new one was futile. The maintenance box became full of wasted ink/money with no meaningful result. In frustration I figured I was just ripped off and simply quit using it as a printer. A couple weeks ago I ran across my booklet and saw the printer had a (1) one year warranty.

I called support today to see about having it repaired or replaced. The young lady I spoke with wasted even more of my ink having me repeat steps I informed her I had already completed at least (4) four times previously. She finally acknowledged the printer was bad and asked for the serial number and proof of purchase information. Since I had bought it by credit card although I did not have the original receipt I was able to find the purchase date and information though them.

After putting me on hold for several minutes she came back to tell me that based on the serial number the printer was beyond the (1) one year warranty and without the receipt they would do nothing. I offered my credit card information as proof but that was insufficient for her. She again put me on hold again. This time was for significantly longer allowing me to use my cell phone on my other ear to call Staples where I had made the original purchase.

After giving them my known purchase date and the last four digits from my card they were able to find the purchase and reprint the receipt. Just as I was concluding my call with Staples she returned to reiterate the fact that it was outside warranty. I then told her of the other call. One thing that did not occur to me then but has since was my registration of my printer I had completed it the day of my purchase as I do with all items of that value.

She had made no mention of that and I believe now on reflection Epson support clearly knew that and was looking for any excuse to avoid honoring their warranty. I left the original ticket open and drove to Staples to pick up the reprinted receipt. Again, I spent several minutes on two different calls giving the same information already information shared with her. Finally, I got an email and sent them a copy of the receipt yet again more runaround as he said he wasn't seeing it.

I ended up sending it (6) six times before he acknowledged getting it. I ask for a confirmation reply email and was told they can only see incoming and are unable to reply. At this point I had wised up and was using my Canon digital voice recorder to create a record myself. He asked my shipping information which I gave and then he proceeded to ask me for a credit card to have as collateral for their return of their broken printer.

What a joke. I informed him I never give credit card information over the phone and certainly would never to a stranger in another country altogether. Mark was from the Philippines. I explained I still had the original box and they could pick theirs up at the same time they dropped my new one off.

At that point Mark informed me my replacement printer would not be new but a refurbished printer. WOW!

No mention of that in the warranty either. They want to replace my bad printer with another bad rebuilt returned printed what fraudsters.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Wf-3640 Printer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Pushing these printers, which are about three years old made in 2014 on their customers. They are poorly made and break down from all the research that I have done very quickly operate our very rude and very deceptive