2.0
Style and Design
Usability

My 3 months old SC P 20000 Serial # W3DE000347, installed in Goleta, CA USA started spewing ink all over the prints .I called in to raise a complaint ticket on the 30th December 2016 , (ticket #161230-003242). I also sent them an email showing pictures of what the printer was doing.

The parts arrived on Tuesday the 3rd of Jan. When the technician didn't come to repair the printer, I called Epson. They said that the technician will call me. Another couple of days later I called them again and , they finally gave me another number to call.

This was for a 3rd party agency called Decision one. After calling in the they connected my to the technician Richard who hung up saying that they tried calling me and I didn't pick up. I checked my voice and missed calls, there were none. I called again and this time I was given a tentative time of 12th December for the technician to visit me.

This was unacceptable since Epson has a 24 hour service commitment as per warranty terms. I called Nick at ColorHQ, The company that sold me this printer. He asked me for a claim #, which nobody at Epson had cared to provide so far. I called in and this time asked for the claim # and forwarded that to Nick.

This was Friday, 6th Jan, 2017 I got a call back from Richard the tech. saying he could come fix the machine earliest on Tuesday 10th Jan. Even after requesting to come the same day or at least the next day, he said Tuesday was the earliest. 10 days of downtime for my only large format printer has caused me several thousand dollars worth of lost business and customers.

They outsource their customer service to an agency called Decision one and have no coordination or follow up with this agency.I would advice everyone to invest in a back up printer if the only machine they have is an Epson. I want to further add, that i am a seller on amazon and i had a bunch of orders to ship. I requested their manager Mr. Ricardo and also nick and bob miller at IT supplies from whom i purchased the printer to provide me access to an alternate machine within a vicinity of a 100 miles so i could ship out these late orders.

Their manager Mr. Ricardo flatly refused saying this is not something they can do. Anyway, i was unable to fulfill my orders and amazon suspended my account losing the sales channel responsbile for 90% of my sales. I wanted to add further that epson sent an engineer ( Richard from Decision one) to fix the machine on the 12th of Jan, He determined that the valves were not closing and needed to be replaced.

He needed to drain the ink from the lines, but that process wouldn't initate till a new set of maintenance cartridges were installed. Of course these were not sent with the parts,so Richard had to leave that day and send out for the parts. The part was supposed to be shipped over night but was accidental shipped by ground, so when he came the next day the tank had still not arrived. Richard tried to initiate the process and was able to get it going, but trying to replace the value, the lines or something got nicked or broken spewing ink all over the printer.

Anyway, he had to leave again that day without fixing the machine and ordering another set of parts, which are supposed to arrive today the 16th Jan 2017. Richard said he will come tomorrow Tuesday Jan 17th to fix the machine, but at this time i would prefer to return this and end this circus. I have ordered a new CANON IPF 9400 and will order an older tried and tested model of Epson, the SC P9000 so i have a back up printer. My estimated losses from being out of business for almost a month is $10000, in addition of mental anguish, loss of trained employees and hours of wasted time calling business to get my orders shipped.

BEWARE OF EPSON CUSTOMER SUPPORT . STAY AWAY FROM THE NEW EPSON SC P20000 MACHINE. I WOULD WAIT A YEAR TILL THEY FIX THE BUGS.

GO FOR THE OLDER EPSONS. THIS IS COMING FROM A HARD CORE EPSON FAN.

Review about: Epson Printer Repair.

I liked: Usability.

I didn't like: Customer support.

Comments