Los Angeles, California
2.2K views

Epson printers will not work if one of the four color cartridges is empty. I tried to print a letter (black and white), but the magenta ink cartridge was empty.

I went to the Printer Properties and set it to print "Black Ink Only", but that didn't even work. I called their customer service, and a person who could barely speak English said there is no way to by-pass the problem. He also admitted that ALL of their printers are like this. I shouldn't have to purchase over-priced ink that I don't need to make the printer work.

My suggestion to anyone looking to buy a printer to avoid Epsons.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Ink Cartridge.

Comments

Rx-680, P.O.S. Tech support said to buy fresh ink.

$70 for the 5 pack ink. Ten cleaning cycles to fix the clogged nozzle issue (black) depleted all the colored ink and no black is coming out at all but shows near empty again. Another lost customer. I won't buy an Epson product ever again.

I used printer weekly and cost per page (8x10) is 70 dollars US. Bye Felicia!

*** THER PIECES OF ***

GlisteningHare754

I have 2 Artisan 725's ,2 -Artisan 730 and one WF3520 ,NOT ONE OF THEM WILL PRINT MORE THAN ONE PAGE AT A TIME WITHOUT JAMMING.Customer service NOTHING ! The cartridges dry up prematurely and unclogging the nozzle uses excessive amounts of ink and many times does nothing to change the poor printing results.One would think the company would help ,but all I got was misinformation and an "oh well we have one in our training room that works", Are you kidding me ,I asked them to take a picture of it so I could see one work ,but addititude was all I got.No help no solution waste of time.They will print a cd or media only because they are hand feed.

Looking for company representative to respond to report before airring piece on our TV Station. Greg Powers WSKI-TV 17 consumer awareness reporter 899 Portland Road Saco,Maine 04072 207 632 5007

TearfulMacaroniPenguin680

Do not buy an Epson printer. They are a scam to sell tiny color ink cartridges without which cannot print even in black and white

RobustCat

Epson is the worst printer I have owned. The ink will dry up constantly.

The reset for WIFI will not work and it was not possible to reset a password. Once is set up, it was constantly retaining the old password, and network, and reset will not work.

The cable connection stopped working as well, thus there is no way to print, or scan items anymore. It is a piece of junk.

I bought two epson printer and both are boat anchors don't buy the xp-6000 replacement ink is more than the printer and the WF 3640 is junk issues with the circuitry

The inks dry up and the print heads get clogged if you don't use it every day. *** printers. other brands have the print heads on the cartridge so you get new ones every time.

Epson ink replacement suck, they put very little ink, in there products to they can sell at a faster rate. never again, will I purchase Epson printer, check the cost of ink before buying a printer>

Like a *** I bought two Epson printers. An XP-320 and an XP-640.

They are both piles of *** They are money drains trying to keep ink in them and I don’t even use them that much. When one color cartridge runs out the printers will not print. Not even black only. I swear I am having to replace cartridges that still have plenty of ink left because in no time after replacing them they start showing to be low again.

I think the printers are programmed to show the cartridges are out when they are still half full. Neither printer is all that user friendly and the updates are constant. Updating what? How to screw me over even worse by showing my ink to be out even sooner?

Updates are supposed to improve something and I see no improvements ever. Like painting manure with gold paint. It is still manure. I can’t wait to drag both of my SORRY, INFIEROR EPSON printers to the dumpster by the cords and smash them to pieces!

EPSON SUCKS!!! Bunch of crooks if you ask me!

Same problem with our EPson WF2750. What a useless pile of junk.

You can get it to scan without ink, but it takes about 5 minutes per page to scan. The software is incredibly clunky and not user friendly.

Epson software wants to constantly update, but it doesn't ever seem to help. Looking forward to smashing our Epson printer to pieces.

their printers suck, they will not print a #10 envelope worth a crap. I never ever had a problem printing an envelope with HP

Same problem with ink one goes out you can't print. Does not hold a connection to the wi fi and changing from paper to envelopes what a hassle.

I have the XP 630 if there was an Epson location near me I would throw this piece of sh!! right back at them

THIS IS THE WORST PRINTER I HAVE EVER USED! THEN WHEN YOU TRY TO GET HELP YOU CAN;T EVEN GET AN AMERICAN TO TALK TO SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THEM. I AM SO PISSED!!!!!!

Replaced my old Canon printer with an Epson. No comparison, Canon was far superior.

Sorry I switched brands. Epson sucks.

EPSON IS THE WORST PRINTER EVER. I WANT TO SHOT IT BUT MY VIKING AXE WILL DO..WILL NOT PRINT IN BLACK UNLESS YOU HAVE OTHER INK CARTRIDGES IN. RIPOFF

Never buy another Epson ink jet printers. They suck

just ripped out my wf-3640 and am leaving it on I35

Type your message here I HAVE BEEN STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THE SAME EPSON SUCK I SUGGEST THROWING IT THROUGH THEI FRONT WINDOW. HOW CAN THE CONSUMER PROTECTION SERVICE ALLOW THES THEIFS TO RIP US OFF

I had same problem, replaced cartridge and now printing blank paper. this is after making my second trip to store.

Wireless printing was not working so I purchased USB cord (yes this is 2017). In total I have spent over $100 dollars trying to print, not including price of actual printer.

I did not purchase this as a toy but as a necessity for work and children's homework. It is beyond frustrating.

@jessica