2.6K views

Epson printers will not work if one of the four color cartridges is empty. I tried to print a letter (black and white), but the magenta ink cartridge was empty.

I went to the Printer Properties and set it to print "Black Ink Only", but that didn't even work. I called their customer service, and a person who could barely speak English said there is no way to by-pass the problem. He also admitted that ALL of their printers are like this. I shouldn't have to purchase over-priced ink that I don't need to make the printer work.

My suggestion to anyone looking to buy a printer to avoid Epsons.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Ink Cartridge.

Store Location: Los Angeles, California

Comments

Epson 2850 firmware stops the use of 3rd party cartridges in violation of a SUPREME COURT ruling that this activity is prohibited by the court. Anyone with this issue should file a complaint with the federal trade Commission.

Agreed. Cyan cartridge for WF-2760 is empty and replacement from Amazon is 2 weeks away.

Called customer service which said nothing they can do. This is right after my Canon P 600 also failed.

Now awaiting arrival of HP printer which will arrive faster than the Epson cartridge. Real smart marketing Epson.

Epson Printers are Chinese Junk

I regret ever buying an Epson

Patryk

Just bought a new Epson ET-3760 and I guess I’m stupid because I expected it to work. What a piece of *** Can’t set up the scan to cloud function.

I guess you have to be Kim Komando to operate it. I’m pissed.....

Have a 2860, purchased on Sept. 4th 2019.

that does not work.

All I got from Epson is a lot of nothing. Won't replace printer and square trade is a joke

I have discovered the very same problem!!!!!! I have NEVER printed a colour document, all documents b&w - draft quality.

THIS really, Really REALLY SUCKS!!!! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BUYING ANY epson PRODUCT!

Their bottom line is to screw you into buying expensive ink!! This POS I have is gonna be GONE, just as soon as I can get somewhere to buy another brand, who DOESN'T SCREW YA, like this!

Just one of the many ways to screw Epsom customers ! This is a company that simply doesn’t care.

Epson printers are a scam! I am tired of buying ink for this piece of junk.

I have the exact same problem, and I need to print a business document. Thanks, Epson, for sticking it to the people who rely on your products. There is no reason for this except to bleed consumers with sky-high ink prices.

This is so stupid, we shouldn't have to replace an ink cartridge we aren't using for a particular document. I have a paper due and I don't have time to go out and buy an ink cartridge.

Adrieanna

I clicked on a Firmware update for my XP-340 today (as I have done in the past) and when It was done the printer would not recognize the print cartridges in it. They are not Epson cartridges.

Epson has, in a stroke screwed me out of my printer which has worked faultlessly with the alternate cartridges for quite some time. Because of this I will not ever buy another product with their name on it.

This is simple corporate greed. As far as I am concerned Epson can kiss my ***

I AGREE These things are JUNK!!! I will never buy another Epson product again...

My printer just went off the deck into the yard. Going to town now to get a new one.

Kiandre

Agreed. Same issue.

I bought mine at Costco and am taking it back with a full refund. It is a total scam.

They lure you in with a low-priced printer then you get hammered in overpriced ink. Never getting Epson again.

I agree Epson printers SUCK for this reason. I would never buy another one and cant wait to get rid of this piece of crap.

Rx-680, P.O.S. Tech support said to buy fresh ink.

$70 for the 5 pack ink. Ten cleaning cycles to fix the clogged nozzle issue (black) depleted all the colored ink and no black is coming out at all but shows near empty again. Another lost customer. I won't buy an Epson product ever again.

I used printer weekly and cost per page (8x10) is 70 dollars US. Bye Felicia!

*** THER PIECES OF ***

Greg P

I have 2 Artisan 725's ,2 -Artisan 730 and one WF3520 ,NOT ONE OF THEM WILL PRINT MORE THAN ONE PAGE AT A TIME WITHOUT JAMMING.Customer service NOTHING ! The cartridges dry up prematurely and unclogging the nozzle uses excessive amounts of ink and many times does nothing to change the poor printing results.One would think the company would help ,but all I got was misinformation and an "oh well we have one in our training room that works", Are you kidding me ,I asked them to take a picture of it so I could see one work ,but addititude was all I got.No help no solution waste of time.They will print a cd or media only because they are hand feed.

Looking for company representative to respond to report before airring piece on our TV Station. Greg Powers WSKI-TV 17 consumer awareness reporter 899 Portland Road Saco,Maine 04072 207 632 5007

Yatzari

Do not buy an Epson printer. They are a scam to sell tiny color ink cartridges without which cannot print even in black and white

Williams

Epson is the worst printer I have owned. The ink will dry up constantly.

The reset for WIFI will not work and it was not possible to reset a password. Once is set up, it was constantly retaining the old password, and network, and reset will not work.

The cable connection stopped working as well, thus there is no way to print, or scan items anymore. It is a piece of junk.

Epson Reviews