2K views

Epson printers will not work if one of the four color cartridges is empty. I tried to print a letter (black and white), but the magenta ink cartridge was empty.

I went to the Printer Properties and set it to print "Black Ink Only", but that didn't even work. I called their customer service, and a person who could barely speak English said there is no way to by-pass the problem. He also admitted that ALL of their printers are like this. I shouldn't have to purchase over-priced ink that I don't need to make the printer work.

My suggestion to anyone looking to buy a printer to avoid Epsons.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Ink Cartridge.

Comments

Like a *** I bought two Epson printers. An XP-320 and an XP-640.

They are both piles of *** They are money drains trying to keep ink in them and I don’t even use them that much. When one color cartridge runs out the printers will not print. Not even black only. I swear I am having to replace cartridges that still have plenty of ink left because in no time after replacing them they start showing to be low again.

I think the printers are programmed to show the cartridges are out when they are still half full. Neither printer is all that user friendly and the updates are constant. Updating what? How to screw me over even worse by showing my ink to be out even sooner?

Updates are supposed to improve something and I see no improvements ever. Like painting manure with gold paint. It is still manure. I can’t wait to drag both of my SORRY, INFIEROR EPSON printers to the dumpster by the cords and smash them to pieces!

EPSON SUCKS!!! Bunch of crooks if you ask me!

Same problem with our EPson WF2750. What a useless pile of junk.

You can get it to scan without ink, but it takes about 5 minutes per page to scan. The software is incredibly clunky and not user friendly.

Epson software wants to constantly update, but it doesn't ever seem to help. Looking forward to smashing our Epson printer to pieces.

their printers suck, they will not print a #10 envelope worth a crap. I never ever had a problem printing an envelope with HP

Same problem with ink one goes out you can't print. Does not hold a connection to the wi fi and changing from paper to envelopes what a hassle.

I have the XP 630 if there was an Epson location near me I would throw this piece of sh!! right back at them

THIS IS THE WORST PRINTER I HAVE EVER USED! THEN WHEN YOU TRY TO GET HELP YOU CAN;T EVEN GET AN AMERICAN TO TALK TO SO THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THEM. I AM SO PISSED!!!!!!

Replaced my old Canon printer with an Epson. No comparison, Canon was far superior.

Sorry I switched brands. Epson sucks.

EPSON IS THE WORST PRINTER EVER. I WANT TO SHOT IT BUT MY VIKING AXE WILL DO..WILL NOT PRINT IN BLACK UNLESS YOU HAVE OTHER INK CARTRIDGES IN. RIPOFF

Never buy another Epson ink jet printers. They suck

just ripped out my wf-3640 and am leaving it on I35

Type your message here I HAVE BEEN STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THE SAME EPSON SUCK I SUGGEST THROWING IT THROUGH THEI FRONT WINDOW. HOW CAN THE CONSUMER PROTECTION SERVICE ALLOW THES THEIFS TO RIP US OFF

I had same problem, replaced cartridge and now printing blank paper. this is after making my second trip to store.

Wireless printing was not working so I purchased USB cord (yes this is 2017). In total I have spent over $100 dollars trying to print, not including price of actual printer.

I did not purchase this as a toy but as a necessity for work and children's homework. It is beyond frustrating.

I have the wf3620, without a doubt the worst printer I have ever owned. My biggest issue is its regular message of cant communicate with the computer, WHY it is plugged in with a printer cable.

Wouldn't take another Epson printer if they were giving them away.

Alpharetta, Georgia, United States #1353347

Will never print a decent black and white document, clean aligned head put in new cartridges even though they were full. POS never buy another one.

Jackson, New Jersey, United States #1269378

I hate my epson printer! I only print with black ink and yet have to replace my unused color cartridges.

I just replaced all of the cartridges, including the black one and it says all the ink levels are low and I have to replace all five again.

I hate this Epson printer!!

Without a doubt the worst printer I have ever owned, WF-3620.

I would have better luck hiring Fred Flintstone with hammer and chisel to print my work.

I will NEVER purchase another Epson printer. I spent almost $50 yesterday purchasing a black cartridge, but the printer won't work to print a black and white label because the yellow ink level is low. I'm setting this printer out by the curb for the recycle truck to pick up tomorrow and buying a new HP.

What a horrendous way to treat your customers. I hope the extra million Epson made on this was worth it b/c I will NEVER EVER buy another one of their prodcuts again.

Corporate greed at the expense of the sanity of their customers.

1) if the printer WON'T without all ink cartridges DON'T ALLOW THEM TO BE PURCHASES SEPERATELY. DO YOU KNOW HOW INFURIATING IT IS TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE STORE FOR BLACK INK ONLY TO GET HOME AND BE TOLD "OH NOW YOU'RE OUT OF MAGENTA, SORRY CAN'T PRINT!"

2) Don't hijack all the functions of the printer. This Epson piece of *** WF-2450 won't even let you scan or fax it just stays on the "need ink" screen and won't let you perform another function.

EPSON: HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW COUNTER PRODUCTIVE THIS IS? I HATE YOUR COMPANY FOR YOUR LACK OF CONCERN WITH MY TIME.

I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE AT EPSON GETS FIRED FOR THIS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUSLY INFURIATUG BUSINESS PRACTICE! I WANT TO HIT SOMEONE OVER THE HEAD WITH THIS PRINTER...NAMELY SOMEONE FROM EPSON!

IT IS THE WORST!!! IT COMPLETLY HIJACKS YOUR PRINTER UNLESS YOU REPLACE CARTRIDGES.

I CANNOT EVEN SCAN A DOCUMENT B/C IT SAYS I'M OUT OF BLUE INK. I DON'T EVER USE BLUE INK SO IT DRIES OUT WHICH MEANS I JUST WAIST MY MONEY. I HATE THIS PRINTER WITH SUCH A PASSION I WANT TO TAKE A SLEDGE HAMMER TO IT!

I AM ASKING FOR MY MONEY BACK FROM EPSON. HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE!~!!!!

I will not buy another epson product,, ever.

Same problem here, and I went out and purchased the overpriced ink so I could then print my black and white document, which was unreadable not sure if thats because of the printer or microsoft word. But any piece of *** company that would make a printer that wont print black and white copies without having all the colours of the rainbow is most likely to blame.

I have an Epson 410. It is a worthless piece of *** that has never printed anything properly. I will never buy an Epson product ever again.

This thing is due to meet a baseball bat in my driveway here in about 10 minutes. *** you Epson, you *** can rot in ***.