2.6
Style and Design
Usability

I have a WorkForce Pro WF-4630.

I buy new cartridges versus refilling. Regardless of the kind of cartridge, I use the Black Cartridge the most so it is always the first to go out.

What is blatantly wrong is Epson's measuring of these cartridges and it is downright deceptive and I believe an attempt to get consumers to replace them long before they are empty.

My "out of ink" message started 3 months ago and about 1,000 pages ago. I don't keep a perfect account but I'm a college professor and it's been busy. The cartridge is still printing black and the message has displayed this whole time.

I can't figure out how to display it but I will say thing. This will be the last ESPON I buy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Wf-4630 Printer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Get rid of the deceptive practice and either eliminate the message if you can't manage it right or fix it..

I liked: To be determined.

I didn't like: Illegal nature of their practices.

• Message Is A Lie

Comments

h.kitchener

Nice printer. You have stumbled on the reason for the low ink message---they make more money selling you the ink cartridges than they do the printer. Not believing any manufacturer's low ink message is now a part of every printer-owners belief system.

RingedSquirrel
to h.kitchener #1472454

I agree. Just a shame it is so.