Style and Design
Usability

I will NEVER buy another product from EPSON and am sharing my issues with everyone I know and on social media. I have the same exact issue as everyone else here has been writing about.

Running an update that only served to force me to use THEIR ink should absolutely be illegal.

I consider EPSON an evil business that uses predatory tactics.

I never would have purchased this printer if I had known they would secretly sabotage it by making it useless after the time when I could not return it. Forcing people to use their extremely overpriced in or else!

To me it's no different the taking your car in for a quick update and secretly having the company fix it so you could only buy THEIR brand of premium gas!

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Ink Cartridge.

Reason of review: Secret upate to force only thier ink.

I liked: Printer worked until they sabotaged it with an update, Prinkter worked until the update that sabotaged it.

I didn't like: Epson preditory tactics used on customers.

• Epson Lawsuit

Comments

This firmware can be backed out to the previous version. Look it up.

UnevenMarmot

I had the same problem, but was able to fix it.Follow the instruction on this video to undo the firmware update:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=237&v=C6wdgJODghcYou can find the old firmware you need on:https://www.latestprinterdrivers.com/epson-xp-430-driver-download/Make sure you turn off automatic updating so this doesn't happen again.