134 views
Advanced Reviewer

My all in one (WiFi, scanner, copier, fax, printer) Epson Artisan 800 stopped working, because it stated that the printer's parts (waste ink pads) reached the end of their "service life". Upon researching I found a reset utility (provided by Epson) that allowed me to reset the counter, but it turns out it only works 3 times and then the printer will no longer function after that.

I called Epson support (miserable) and they stated they can't do anything but provide me with a service phone number. I call the service number and they don't fix or do anything with these printers. WTH? - The printer is about 7 years old, functions perfectly and it has hardly been used.

I even found some video on YouTube of a Artisan 800 breakdown - where the individual proved the ink pads were hardly saturated. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_CVB4nw-KI (not sure if you can post this link) - this is unacceptable - the Epson firmware is preventing me from using the printer and now forcing me to buy a new printer. I will never buy another Epson product again. Thanks Epson!

- you just lost my business and loyalty and I hope this message gets around to others who make the same decision.

You need to change your hardware / firmware programming to allow them to be serviceable. Don't put a time limit on how long something can be used.

Product or Service Mentioned: Epson Printer.

Location: Orlando, Florida

Comments

#2057032

I will never purchase another Epson piece of _____ again! My wife updated the firmware and the printer stopped accepting non Epson cartridges.

Their printers constantly stop working and you have reload their software over and over again. If everyone would stop purchasing their products, maybe they will either start delivering quality products or go out of business.

Just bought an HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M177fw - beautiful printer.

Epson Reviews