Product: Epson Electronics Review Listing Clear all filters (1 of 1 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Epson in Wilmington, Delaware - Misleading Specifications, Slow Support, Review Censoring

I bought a pretty dang expensive printer from Epson that is also a fairly new model, and apparently became one of the first people to actually own one of this particular model (ET-16500). I bought it based on some features listed in the specifications on Epson's own web site, in particular the capability for borderless printing. The first unit I received was defective out of the box. It took an inordinately long amount of time to convince Epson of this. I logged no less than six phone calls to support and my total time on the phone with them just to get this $1000+ machine repaired or replaced was slightly over six hours, including time spent on hold. They told me repair was impossible, I would get a replacement only. Getting the printer replaced took 18 days -- slightly over two and a half weeks. Epson was repeatedly unable to give me even an estimate on when my replacement unit would be available. Did I mention that I paid extra for next day shipping? Because that seems pretty important. The new printer worked, but not as advertised. The listed borderless printing feature does not exist! I contacted Epson about this and was told (after another lengthy wait on hold) that this model is not designed for borderless printing and I should have bought a different one. I later wrote a detailed review of this printer on Epson's web site, including pointing out the missing borderless printing feature. The review was not overly negative, and honestly pointed out the good points of this particular product. Epson's response to this was to delete my review -- which was the first one ever printed on their web site for this model -- and also quietly remove the claim that this model supports borderless printing, which it does not. Epson's web site is now clogged full of 56+ reviews of this product, none of which are from paying customers and most of which bear the tag line "this review was written in exchange for a free printer from Epson," in not so many words. All of the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. I find this a trifle hard to believe. Never mind the fact that people are naturally going to sing the praises of a $1000+ piece of merchandise they got for free, it seems that all of the negative reviews have been pruned. Beware.
Review
Service
Epson Electronics Review Listing
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Contact Epson Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Epson Electronics America, Inc.
Headquarters 2580 River Oaks Parkway