Verified Reviewer

I've had an Epson Pro R2400 for approx 17 years. It made great professional quality prints, but was known to have tech issues.

No problem until a recent Mac OS upgrade, when I could no longer access the ICC paper profiles. After HOURS w/Epson tech support, was told an "Adobe" problem. After research in Adobe chatrooms, it was determined to be an OS problem. Which I fixed by myself.

Total waste of my time. So now, six months or so later, I'm in the middle of printing for an exhibition, and the printer stops. Flashing lights for paper load and ink replacement. Neither needed.

Message on screen is "service needed", but no info. I do all the required (unplug/reboot, etc). Now cannot turn on printer. Light turns green, then goes off.

Tech support (after 15 min on hold with that GHASTLY recorded message), tells me turn off machine. I tell her (again) everything I've already done, slowly. Am told to unplug. Once again, I repeat, very clearly, what I've already done.

Am now told to turn off machine (the one I've told her I can't turn on), and clear the (nonexistent paper jam). I explain. AGAIN. So now she tells me the printer is "out of warranty".

Helloo -- it's 17 yrs old. Offers me a "deal" on a refurbished printer.

I gave up, hung up, and ordered a new printer. While I've been pleased with the product, there's NO WAY I can recommend their Customer Service.

User's recommendation: Good products, but ghastly Customer Service.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Epson Cons: Lousy customer service.

Location: New York, New York