Verified Reviewer

Update by user Mar 17

Per your request to find out if Epson reached out to me. The answer is NO.

Epson does not care and did not reach out to me in any fashion. Once they get $400.00 from you for a supposed state of the art printer they wash their hands of you. The "print preview" remains fuzzy and illegible. The ENTIRE purpose of print preview is to REVIEW what you will be printing to make sure it is accurate so you won't be wasting ink or paper by printing something with an error.

Epson has known about this problem for several years but has chosen to saddle customers with an expensive inferior product. Check out past complaints on printers of many different model numbers, and you will see this is an ongoing problem for several years. ERGO EPSON DOES NOT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!

The premise that I would accept a REFURBISHED printer in place of a new one is idiotic!!!!!! Again, I warn consumers, DO NOT BUY AN EPSON PRINTER IF THE PRINT PREVIEW FUNCTION IS ONE YOU NEED.

Original review posted by user Feb 16

Epson ET-4750 printer: the "print preview" function shows a grainy illegible document. I called for help, but the tech Hazel was an idiot.

She had me go thru a litany of tests that had absolutely NOTHING to do with print preview function. I believed that my brand new $400 printer was defective. She finally - after almost an hour- agreed with me. Even tho we NEVER once got to the point in her investigation of actually going thru the process of printing a page.

(She is an idiot) She was further not being honest and telling me they would send a REFURBISHED printer for my 40 day old brand new printer. I told her I did not want them to ship a printer, I wanted credit so I could go pick up another new one right away from the office supply store. FINALLY she admitted after dancing all around it for 10 minutes, she did admit I could only get a refurbished printer, but sadly for me, they had no ET-4750 refurbished printers at this time so I would have to wait or pick another style. WHAT THE H***?

Asked for a super, got Thalia in "corporate" the good thing was, she did speak English in a manner that was understandable. She too, tried to evade and dismiss the fact that Epson's corporate policy was to ship a piece of c*** used printer in place of a brand new one that is defective. I asked her "why on earth would I accept junk in place of the $400 printer I just purchased". I thought I did my research before buying this printer and looked at as much information as I could stomach.

I did not discover until now, that the "print preview" is NOT defective, it is an old issue that customers have complained about from as far back than 2005. You would think that in 15 years, Epson would employ techs smart enough to fix this function. Epson is well aware of the complaints but feels no need to address or fix the issue. Even the cheapest junky printers on the market have a functional "print preview" that serves the purpose as it was intended-shows you and exact clear, legible example of exactly what your document will look like when you hit "print".

Epson does not feel like their customers deserve this feature. So if you are considering an Epson printer, and print preview function is important to you, DO NOT BUY AN EPSON PRINTER.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Epson Pros: Et-4750 ink.

Epson Cons: Costly and print preview is fuzzy.

Comments